Midlands Reptiles Venom Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

proposed ban of all non native reptile keeping in the u.s

3 posters

Go down

proposed ban of all non native reptile keeping in the u.s Empty proposed ban of all non native reptile keeping in the u.s

Post  paulrimmer69 Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 pm

was just watching al coritzs latest youtube vid about this, cant believe any country let alone america would do this, i just hope nothing like that ever happens here, heres the link if anyones interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q724X1M4_9I
paulrimmer69
paulrimmer69

Back to top Go down

proposed ban of all non native reptile keeping in the u.s Empty Re: proposed ban of all non native reptile keeping in the u.s

Post  Ty Milsom Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:22 am

Simmilar things being wafted about in Canada for "Dangerous species"
Ty Milsom
Ty Milsom

Back to top Go down

proposed ban of all non native reptile keeping in the u.s Empty Re: proposed ban of all non native reptile keeping in the u.s

Post  ljkenny Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Here's another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FPfL212CB8&feature=channel_page
ljkenny
ljkenny

Back to top Go down

Post  paulrimmer69 Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:48 pm

so much for the land of the free eh? surely this bill wont get passed i honestly cant see how they can in a country where you can walk down the street and legally buy a semi automatic
paulrimmer69
paulrimmer69

Back to top Go down

Post  ljkenny Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:57 pm

I had a semi-automatic when I was 13 - a Honda step-though 90CC- good times had by all. Smile

On a serious note; there are a great deal of good keepers panicking over this one.

The threat seems very real at this moment in time.

And wherever the US go, who tends to follow?
ljkenny
ljkenny

Back to top Go down

Post  paulrimmer69 Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:04 pm

i doubt it would happen here as from what iv read the whole point of the bill is to stop non indigenous species that are kept as pets escaping or being released and becoming an invasive species ie burmese pythons in the everglades, il b very suprised and shocked if it gets passed but as you say some of the well known keepers do seem to be worried about it, we will find out in a couple of weeks anyway lol
paulrimmer69
paulrimmer69

Back to top Go down

Post  ljkenny Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:35 pm

That is true.

However, we have people over here trying to pass similar 'bills' already.

I have seen a few YouTube pleas to ban Reptile keeping amongst other things already this year.

I have also, signed a few partitions.

Let's just hope they don't get their way.
ljkenny
ljkenny

Back to top Go down

Post  paulrimmer69 Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:30 pm

i think if anything happens it will just be that they place extra restrictions on keeping reps, cant see them ever banning it completly tho there are those who will always try
paulrimmer69
paulrimmer69

Back to top Go down

Post  ljkenny Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:00 am

I'm all for that.

I think tighter legislation should be placed on the possession of any potentially lethal animal.

I am a keeper of big snakes (Retics and Scrubs) and I for one wouldn't mind conforming to regulations or applying for a license to do so.

It would stop these crazy 12 year olds wanting to keep any of the big 5 with little support - a disaster waiting to happen IMHO.

As long as the governing bodies don't take the mickey or charge unfairly, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Who knows, if big snakes were placed on DWAL, maybe the price will go down for them and venomous keepers alike.
ljkenny
ljkenny

Back to top Go down

Post  paulrimmer69 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:06 pm

judging by some of the threads iv seen on the 'other' forum i think its only a matter of time before big constrictors are put on dwa, not sure i agree with it but some sort of restrictions are needed to stop just anyone buying these potentially lethal animals, if anything it would stop so many adults ending up in rescue centres
paulrimmer69
paulrimmer69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum