Midlands Reptiles Venom Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up coming article in the national press

4 posters

Go down

Up coming article in the national press Empty Up coming article in the national press

Post  slippery42 Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

I've been contacted by a reporter from the Daily Telegraph who is apparently doing an article on DWA licences.

The strange thing is that if this is the case he knew exactly what species I was keeping as the LA have given him the complete list under freedom of information act. I should point out that they did not give him my name. He said it was very easy from the information available on line to put two and two together and get Graeme as the answer.

Anyway if this is the case he has (according to him) had a 98% response to his request for information of the numbers of species being privately and legally held for England.

They intend publishing the result in a table (I think) which will show numbers by county.

IF his information is true it may make interesting reading.

Sounds like 30-40 keepers registered and under 400 snakes on licences!

Of course this does not include professional bodies, zoos, universities and those using PSL's.

Will it be a straight one or are they playing with a crooked bat?

Time will tell.

slippery42

Back to top Go down

Up coming article in the national press Empty Re: Up coming article in the national press

Post  simon Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:02 pm

A fair and non judgemental look at the hobby in the UK? Not a chance..... but as you say time will tell Cool
simon
simon

Back to top Go down

Up coming article in the national press Empty Re: Up coming article in the national press

Post  slippery42 Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:07 pm

simon wrote:A fair and non judgemental look at the hobby in the UK? Not a chance..... but as you say time will tell Cool

AHHHHHHH a fellow doubter!

slippery42

Back to top Go down

Post  simon Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Laughing I hope we get a pleasent surprise
simon
simon

Back to top Go down

Post  paulrimmer69 Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:30 am

hmmmmm 30 -40 keepers and 400 licensed animals? somehow i think his info might be ever so slightly incorrect lol! will defo make interesting reading but i imagine we all have an idea of how its going to end up!
paulrimmer69
paulrimmer69

Back to top Go down

Post  southwest vipers Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:59 am

30-40 licences to every 400 snakes is about right, I would think. That's only up to 10 snakes per licence. I've got up to 40 snakes on my licence and I've got 32 snakes at present and although I haven't been contacted (yet) by the press, they won't get any accurate records from me as I am able to change species and numbers without having to report it to my LA.
It is in the interest of the journalist to make a controversial issue form any information that they obtain. That is how they sell newspapers.
They will take any information and help from you, twist it around and spit it straight back in your faces. I am speaking from experience. You have been warned.
southwest vipers
southwest vipers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum