Midlands Reptiles Venom Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melanistic adder caught on camera in the Forest of Dean....

4 posters

Go down

Melanistic adder caught on camera in the Forest of Dean.... Empty Melanistic adder caught on camera in the Forest of Dean....

Post  Owen Roberts Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:48 am

I didn't think these are as rare as they are sort of suggesting?

I have found two before, though it could have been the same one to be honest as it was at the same site, but I thought the second one I found was smaller, but it's hard to know as there was a year between the two sightings...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/gloucestershire/hi/people_and_places/nature/newsid_8675000/8675460.stm

Anyone else found them?
Owen Roberts
Owen Roberts

Back to top Go down

Melanistic adder caught on camera in the Forest of Dean.... Empty Re: Melanistic adder caught on camera in the Forest of Dean....

Post  slippery42 Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Seen loads over the years and true melanistic ones not just partially melanistic, they are not that rare!

slippery42

Back to top Go down

Melanistic adder caught on camera in the Forest of Dean.... Empty Re: Melanistic adder caught on camera in the Forest of Dean....

Post  David Nixon Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Tom says hello to this chap everytime he goes over - I also have photos of adders at teh Forest of Dean. Great place to visit mate.

Dave
David Nixon
David Nixon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:23 am

Me and Tom spotted this snake at the Forest of Dean site - still the only "melanistic" or darker phase adder I've seen for myself. I think Tom has some pics of it somewhere
Matt
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum